- Letter of Appointment
- Checking Course Enrollment
- Checking Classroom Location
- Employment Eligibility/Verification
Letter of Appointment
In the spring, each instructor will be emailed an Appointment Letter confirming their course title, course dates, amount of compensation, and pay-dates. This is NOT a confirmation that their course is running; course confirmation is contingent upon enrollment.
Checking course enrollment
A course is confirmed to run when minimum enrollment is reached (generally 10 students). Instructors can monitor their real-time course enrollment via Banner Self-Service:
- Select Summer 2020 (SPS) for pre-college courses.
- Choose your course SUBJECT and click “Class Search.”
- Scroll down to find your Course Title.
- Click on your Course Title to view the Detailed Class Information page with enrollment details.
When courses have to be canceled due to low enrollment, SPS will contact the instructor approximately 6 weeks prior to the course start date.
Classroom locations will be assigned starting in May and continue throughout June. Classroom locations may be subject to change, pending fluctuations in enrollment and availability; instructors are advised to confirm their classroom assignment in Banner a week before the start of their course.
Instructors can view their classroom location in Banner Self-Service.
- Select Class Schedule.
- In the Search by Term dropdown menu, select Summer 2019 (SPS). Click Submit.
- Choose from the Subject scroll menu (your course’s subject is the last two letters of your 4-letter course code, i.e. CEPL0902, the subject is Philosophy).
- Enter the Course Number if you know it (i.e. CEPL0902, the course number is 0902); otherwise, leave the other fields blank and Click on Class Search button.
- Scroll to your Course and Scheduled Meeting Times. Classroom location is listed in the Where column.
When an instructor’s course is confirmed to run, the instructor is considered officially hired and is required to have a current Employment Verification Form I-9 as a condition of employment.
Instructors who do not have a current Form I-9 will be notified by our Payroll Office with instructions on how to complete the process.