I attended the Spring 2013 meeting of the New England Archivist’s on Friday at The College of Holy Cross in Worcester. I had a great time learning about other projects going on in the area. In particular I enjoyed a joint presentation by Susan Pyzynski and Melanie Wisner from the Houghton Library at Harvard and Ellen Doon and Micheal Rush from the Beinecke Library at Yale.  They have recently completed a project called “Connecting the Dots: Using EAC-CPF to Reunite Samuel Johnson and His Circle” in which they created ~80 EAC-CPF records for people related to their archival holdings on Samuel Johnson. It was the first time that I have seen a presentation that walked through the process of creating EAC-CPF records from start to finish.

A lot of what they presented on is covered in their wiki, which also includes best practices and downloadable sample EAC records. It is a great resource for anyone working with EAC-CPF:

NEA Spring 2013 at Holy Cross