Welcome to the landing page for the Scientific Machine Learning (SciML) Research Group at Brown University. We are a multidisciplinary research group affiliated with the Data Science Institute, Department of Earth, Environmental and Planetary Sciences (DEEPS) and Department of Computer Science at Brown University and the SciAI Center.
This site is still under development. We appreciate your patience.
SciML Group News and Upcoming Events
- December 2023: SciML group Ph.D. students Peter Van Katwyk and Maria Luisa Rocha will present their latest research at the AGU Fall Meeting.
- September 2023: The SciML group welcomes new Ph.D. student Anushka Narayanan.
- August 2023: Ph.D. student Peter Van Katwyk’s co-authored review paper, Scientific Discovery in the age of artificial intelligence, published in Nature.
- July 2023: Ph.D. student Peter Van Katwyk’s preprint, A variational LSTM emulator of seal level contribution from the Antarctic ice sheet, is now available on EES Open Archive.
- July 2023: The SciML group welcomes Provost STEM Postdoctoral Fellow Hilarie Sit.
- May 2023: Ph.D. student Peter Van Katwyk presented his work on neural network-based Antarctic ice sheet model emulators at the 54th International Liège Colloquium on Ocean Dynamics.
- April 2022: Ph.D. student Peter Van Katwyk has been awarded a NSF Graduate Research Fellowship in Geosciences – Artificial Intelligence. Congratulations Peter!
SciML Group, Fall 2023 (left to right): Prof. Karianne Bergen, Hilarie Sit, Peter Van Katwyk, and Anushka Narayanan.