Getting to Providence
From T.F. Green International Airport (PVD) to downtown Providence:
- Taxis are available at the airport (around 20 min).
- You can take the MBTA from TF Green to PVD station for $3.25 one-way.
From Boston Logan Airport (BOS) to downtown Providence by Bus:
- Link to Peter Pan Bus: https://peterpanbus.com/locations/massachusetts/boston-logan/
- To meet the bus: Go to the Lower Level (Arrivals) – outside Terminals A, B, C and E.
- Follow the orange and white signage for “Scheduled Bus”.
- Ticket Sales: There is no ticket agency at the airport – It is recommended that you purchase/print e-ticket in advance. If you do not have an e-ticket, an exact cash fare may be purchased with the driver. Please note, exact cash fare tickets may not be available to all destinations. Please ask driver for assistance if your route is not available for a cash fare.
- Taxi cabs are available at Kennedy Plaza in downtown Providence to your hotel and several of the hotels are within walking distance.
From Boston to Providence by Train:
- There are two train options from Boston, MA to Providence, RI. Both train services leave from Boston’s South Station. You can take a taxi there, or the MBTA Silver Line Bus (link here for route and schedule) will take you from Logan Airport to South Station.
- From South Station you can take the commuter rail to Providence station: Providence/Stoughton Line outbound toward Wickford Junction
- Or, you can take Amtrak to Providence Station. https://www.amtrak.com/home.html
- Once arrived at Providence Station, taxi cabs are available outside of the train station and several of the downtown hotels are within walking distance of the station.
If you are Traveling by Car:
- If you are traveling by car, you can find metered parking near campus or park in the Power Street Parking Garage (Lot 68 Upper) for a small fee. The garage is located at 111 Power Street, and the entrance is located at the intersection of Power and Thayer Streets.
- If you are willing to walk, there is free street parking a bit further from campus in the surrounding residential neighborhoods. Make sure that you check for signs to ensure no time restrictions, as some streets will have time limitations.
- For more details about driving directions or parking, see the following link: https://www.brown.edu/about/visit/driving-parking
Where to Stay