How do children learn about categories?
This study is for ages 5 and 7 years
In this study, we explore how children learn about categories. Children must be 5 or 7 years old and be able to speak and understand English to participate.
This study involves playing a game on a tablet device (iPad). Your child will hear a story about a robot who is learning to draw different kinds of fruits. They will see drawings of fruits on the screen and be asked to rate how accurate the drawings are.
This study takes place in-person at our lab on the Brown University Campus at 190 Thayer St., Providence, Rhode Island. We will provide FREE PARKING if you let us know in advance that you will be driving.
After the study, your child will receive a small prize for participating in our study.
If you are interested in having your child(ren) take part in this study, you can sign up for an appointment with our researchers by following the instructions below.
If you would like to schedule appointments for 2 or more children, please use this link instead of the calendar below.
How to Book an Appointment:
1) Click on a date and choose a time
2) Click ‘Confirm’
3) Enter your (parent) first and last name
4) Enter your email address under ‘Email’
5) Enter your child’s FIRST name (we do not need last name at this time)
6) Select your child’s age from the multiple-choice
7) Confirm that your child speaks and understands English
8) Fill out the rest of the questions with your preferences
9) Click ‘Schedule Event’!
Note: if you are having trouble viewing the calendar below, please use this link
We are located in the Metcalf Research Building on the Brown University campus.
Address: 190 Thayer Street, Providence, Rhode Island 02912