Nandini Trivedi

Quantum Entanglement: Balancing physics and life 

Abstract: In this talk I will share my story of choices I perceived, the decisions I took, and the opportunities that unfolded along my journey to become a physicist and raise a family. I will share the excitement of quantum effects, coherence and entanglement, in materials and talk about recent developments of their manifestation in superconductors and quantum spin liquids. I look forward to conversations and questions as we grapple with a changing world today. 

Biography: Nandini Trivedi got her undergraduate degree from the Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi and a Ph.D in physics in 1987 from Cornell University. After post-doctoral research at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and State University of New York, Stony Brook, she joined Argonne National Laboratory as a staff scientist. In 1995 she joined the faculty of the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai. Since 2004 she has been a professor of physics at the Ohio State University. Her research interests include strong correlations, disorder and Monte Carlo simulations of quantum materials and ultra-cold atomic gases.

Professor of physics
The Ohio State University.