Tafari Williams

photo of Tafari Williams
Tafari Williams

Concentration(s):

• Computer Music & Multimedia

Music Award(s):

• Coolidge Premium ’20
  • Buxtehude Premium ’19

Music Capstone Project:

• Taking My Time

This project is a culmination of my transition in college into music as a primary interest. It consists of 5 songs, the earliest written two years ago, the most recent written April 2020. Each of these songs represents an experience and range of emotions or overall vibe. I wrote, arranged, recorded, and mixed all of the songs myself, with the exception of the first 8 bars of strings in “4.) take my time” which was arranged primarily by Maita Eyzaguirre (big thanks to her!!!) I have only been able to do this because of the classes and experiences I have been able to acquire over the last 2.5 years since beginning studying music. I plan on revamping and revising some of the songs, and finishing/writing 2 or 3 more to release to the public this upcoming summer. I am immensely grateful first to my advisor/professor James (Jim) Moses for all of his help, guidance, knowledge, and companionship during the last couple years. and to the music department, BAI, and various other communities I am a part of for the love and support poured into me. I would not have been able to do any of this, without the Brown community.

[Rishi Wagle < previous senior]

[next senior > Lily Porter Wright]

[back to Index of seniors]