Our penultimate interview this week: Adrianna Maxwell, a student from Chicago. She intends to study International Relations and Health and Human Bio. Read more below:

Favorite class you’re taking this semester? Why?
Surprisingly, it’s been Intro to Poetry. It’s my favorite class because I like how free the class is. All of my other classes are very constructed. Poetry is something I’ve always wanted to do but never explored and this class gave me the opportunity to explore those interests that I never had the time to delve into.

Why did you decide to apply to FLiSP?
I decided to apply because I knew that when I came to Brown I’d need a community I could relate to and talk about our experiences and have someone who would just know my situation. 

The workshops have been helped me navigate Brown’s resources. The conversation with CAPS was also helpful. I think there’s a stigma around mental health and the workshops have been helpful in teaching us how to reach out. Julio and Renata are really good people. They really do extend themselves for us.

Favorite place on campus?
The RISD library. I go to Shiru the most but if the RISD library was closer, I’d definitely go there more often.