LeaRRn maintains curated LHS resources and disseminates these resources to the rehabilitation research community.
New Resource! CoHSTAR Implementation Science Institute:
Keynote Address by Enola Proctor, PhD
Presentations demonstrating the application of implementation science principles
Keynote Address by Christian Helfrich, PhD
Presentations describing implementation science efforts in different settings
Learning Health Systems Resources
- Forrest CB, Chesley FD, Jr., Tregear ML, Mistry KB. Development of the Learning Health System Researcher Core Competencies. Health Serv Res. 2018;53(4):2615-32. doi: 10.1111/1475-6773.12751. PubMed PMID: 28777456; PMCID: PMC6051975.
- Institute of Medicine. The Learning Health Systems: Workshop Summary. Washington, DC: National Academies Press, 2007.
- Institute of Medicine.. Best Care at Lower Cost: The Path to Continuously Learning Health Care in America. Washington, DC: 2013.
- Friedman C, Rubin J, Brown J, Buntin M, Corn M, Etheredge L, Gunter C, Musen M, Platt R, Stead W, Sullivan K, Van Houweling D. Toward a science of learning systems: a research agenda for the high-functioning Learning Health System. J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2015;22(1):43-50. doi: 10.1136/amiajnl-2014-002977. PubMed PMID: 25342177; PMCID: PMC4433378.
- Riley WT, Glasgow RE, Etheredge L, Abernethy AP. Rapid, responsive, relevant (R3) research: a call for a rapid learning health research enterprise. Clin Transl Med. 2013;2(1):10. doi: 10.1186/2001-1326-2-10. PubMed PMID: 23663660; PMCID: PMC3658895.
- Krumholz HM. Big data and new knowledge in medicine: the thinking, training, and tools needed for a learning health system. Health Aff (Millwood). 2014;33(7):1163-70. doi: 10.1377/hlthaff.2014.0053. PubMed PMID: 25006142; PMCID: PMC5459394
- AHRQ. Supporting the Next Generation of Learning Health Systems Researchers: Grants Awarded Under the AHRQ-PCORI Institutional Mentored Career Development Program (K12) 2019 [cited 2019 April 19]. Available from: https://www.ahrq.gov/funding/training-grants/lhs-k12.html.
- Kilbourne, A., Jones, P., & Atkins, D. (2020). Accelerating implementation of research in Learning Health Systems: Lessons learned from VA Health Services Research and NCATS Clinical Science Translation Award programs. Journal of Clinical and Translational Science, 1-6. doi:10.1017/cts.2020.25
LeaRRn provides opportunities for consultation with faculty.
Clinical sites can submit requests for consultative services. We will match requests with LeaRRn faculty expertise.
Schedule one-on-one meetings with LeaRRn faculty presenting at professional meetings to discuss research interests and opportunities.