Welcome to the Breuer Lab at Brown University! We are a lively group of researchers, active in a variety of research, loosely centered on the theme of experimental fluid mechanics, and covering topics that include:
- Animal flight – the mechanics and dynamics of bat and bird flight
- Fluid structure interactions, with a special focus on the interactions of fluids with extremely compliant structures, such as membranes
- Vortex dynamics, particularly, the formation, growth and behavior of leading edge vortices at high Reynolds numbers
- Renewable energy harvesting,
- Innovative, bioinspired engineering
- Micron scale bio-fluid mechanics, including active matter and bacterial cell motility
Our lab is located on the West end of Prince Laboratory on the campus of Brown University, in Providence Rhode Island.